An IP address identifies your Wowza ClearCaster™ appliance on your network. It can be either dynamically allocated from your router using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or statically set by you to a specific value.
By default, your ClearCaster appliance is configured to accept dynamic IPv4/IPv6 addresses that are assigned to it automatically when it connects to a DHCP network. If needed, you can assign a static IPv4 address to your ClearCaster instead, which won't change over time. You can also change the network gateway, subnet mask, or DNS server values for the static IP address. This article describes how to manage the network IP settings for your ClearCaster.
- Static IPv6 addresses currently aren't supported.
- If your network or router requires additional configuration to enable your ClearCaster appliance to connect to the Internet, refer to your networking resources or router documentation for guidance.
Assign a static IPv4 address to a Wowza ClearCaster
You may need to use a static IP address, which won't change over time, because your network doesn't support DHCP, or because your ClearCaster must be in a specific subnet on your network to access a streaming destination. Do the following to set your ClearCaster IP settings (IP address, gateway, and subnet mask) to specific values. If you're not sure what values to use, contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
- Turn on your Wowza ClearCaster appliance.
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click Support in the menu bar and then click Wowza ClearCaster Network Configuration Tool.
- In the network configuration tool, enter the following information and then click Generate USB Key File:
- Static IP Address
- Gateway IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- DNS Address 1
- (Optional) DNS Address 2
- Use the provided link to download the generated USB key file.
- Copy and paste the file to a FAT32-formatted USB flash drive.
Note: The generated USB key file is named clearcaster-remoteaccess.tgz.signed. Only files with this exact name will work.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your running ClearCaster appliance. This will apply your specified network settings to the ClearCaster.
- After applying the settings, remove the USB flash drive.