Learn about features and limitations of the Wowza Streaming Engine free trial, how to sign up and access it, and how to access documentation to get started with live streaming.
The free trial of Wowza Streaming Engine provides a fully featured experience:
- 30 consecutive days of access to Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Access to Wowza Streaming Engine through the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.
- The ability to customize your installation using the JAVA API.
- Create applications, streams and deliver content using the REST API.
- Live streams and transcoders created in trial mode run seamlessly once you convert to a paid account.
Get a trial account
Go to the Wowza trial page and follow the instructions to start your free trial subscription. It's as simple as providing an email address and no credit card is required.
Note: Requests for a trial license are rejected if you or your company have exceeded the maximum number of allowable trial licenses. Contact us if you have an error signing up for the Wowza Streaming Engine trial.
Next, you'll be prompted to verify your email. Upon clicking the link to verify your email, you'll receive a trial license key for the software by email.
Ready to dive in? Learn how to stream with Wowza Streaming Engine using these resources.
- Install and configure Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Create a live stream using the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.
- Set up an RTMP encoder.
- Use stream targets and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to deliver your content.
- Secure your streams with SSL/TLS using Wowza's StreamLock service or another certificate authority.
Purchase Wowza Streaming Engine
At the end of your 30-day trial, you will need to purchase a license to continue to use Wowza Streaming Engine. The full license includes upgrades such as:
- The 3 inbound and 10 outbound connection limit is removed from your account.
- You will no longer see video and audio watermarks on transcoded content.
- Your account can use Wowza Streaming Engine as an HTTP origin.
While you're working, check out the Help panel on the right side of the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager. Below are some additional links that may be useful.