With Wowza ClearCaster™ appliances, you can broadcast using an integrated workflow between a Wowza ClearCaster and LinkedIn Live. This integration simplifies broadcast configuration and management, enabling you to start and stop a stream from one user interface.
Video tutorial: Broadcast to LinkedIn Live using Wowza ClearCaster
Get approval to broadcast to LinkedIn Live
Before you can stream to LinkedIn, you must be approved as a LinkedIn Live broadcaster. To request premission, you must submit an application. See Apply to become a LinkedIn Live Broadcaster.
Set up the integration
To set up an integrated connection between Wowza ClearCaster and LinkedIn Live, you'll add a LinkedIn Live access token to the Wowza ClearCaster Manager. Each access token associates your ClearCaster appliances with a LinkedIn account.
Add your LinkedIn Live access token in Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click Manage in the menu bar, and then click the Integrations tab.
- Click Add a LinkedIn Access Token.
- When prompted, sign in to LinkedIn.
- Enter a Name for the access token, and click Add a LinkedIn Access Token to save the integration in Wowza ClearCaster Manager.
Create a broadcast in Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- In Wowza ClearCaster Manager, click on Broadcasts in the menu bar, and then click Create Broadcast.
- Set up a broadcast for your ClearCaster appliance.
- Specify a Broadcast Name and select a ClearCaster appliance.
- For Destination, select LinkedIn Live.
- For Encoding Template, select a template appropriate for your stream type.
- For LinkedIn Live Access Token, select the access token associated with the LinkedIn account to which you want to post the stream.
- For LinkedIn Page, select the page in LinkedIn to which you want to post the stream. Note that this can't be edited after the broadcast is created.
- For Broadcast Region, select the region closest to where you're broadcasting. Note that this can't be edited after the broadcast is created.
- Configure other settings according to your needs, and click Create Broadcast.
- For detailed instructions on setting up a broadcast, see Create and manage Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts.