Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software version 4.7.8 and later provides several optional properties that you can use to customize how live streams are packetized for delivery using CMAF, the open, extensible standard that allows streams to be played over both the Apple HLS and MPEG-DASH protocols.
CMAF live packetization property reference
Wowza Streaming Engine supports the following optional packetization properties for CMAF streams.
Note: Similar properties are available for the standalone HLS (Cupertino) and MPEG-DASH packetizers. For more information, see Configure Apple HLS packetization in Wowza Streaming Engine and Configure MPEG-DASH packetization in Wowza Streaming Engine.
Configure CMAF packetization properties
- Go to the Application.xml file for your CMAF live stream application. If you're using the default live application that installs with Wowza Streaming Engine, go to [install-dir]/conf/live.
Note: Some CMAF packetization properties can be configured in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, in the CMAF Streaming Packetizer section of the application's Properties tab.
- Open Application.xml in a text editor.
- In the <LiveStreamPacketizer> container element, add the desired properties. Specify the name, type, and value for each property. The XML looks like this:
<LiveStreamPacketizer> <Properties> <Property> <Name>...</Name> <Type>...</Type> <Value>...</Value> </Property> <Property> <Name>...</Name> <Type>...</Type> <Value>...</Value> </Property> </Properties> </LiveStreamPacketizer>
- Save your changes and restart Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Stream using CMAF with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Create adaptive bitrate CMAF streams using Wowza Streaming Engine
- Deliver HLS live streams using CMAF and HEVC with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Stream using a CMAF live stream repeater in Wowza Streaming Engine
- View CMAF HLS stream playlists from Wowza Streaming Engine