There are several RTSP/RTP settings that describe the IP addresses assigned to Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software. These IP addresses are used during RTSP/RTP Session Description Protocol (SDP) exchange and transport negotiation.
- <RTP>/<RTSPBindIpAddress> - IP address that Wowza Streaming Engine binds to when streaming RTP over UDP.
- <RTP>/<RTSPConnectionIpAddress> - IP address published in the connection (c=) line of Session Description Protocol (SDP) data.
- <RTP>/<RTSPOriginIpAddress> - IP address published in the origin (o=) line of SDP data.
If Wowza Streaming Engine is behind a router or firewall that uses network address translation (NAT), two IP addresses are used during configuration: [wowza-internal-ip-address] and [wowza-external-ip-address]. The [wowza-internal-ip-address] is the IP address assigned to the Wowza Streaming Engine server's network adapter. The [wowza-external-ip-address] is the router or firewall exposed on the Internet or mapped to Wowza Streaming Engine. In this scenario, the settings above should be set as follows:
- <RTP>/<RTSPBindIpAddress> - [wowza-internal-ip-address]
- <RTP>/<RTSPConnectionIpAddress> - [wowza-external-ip-address]
- <RTP>/<RTSPOriginIpAddress> - [wowza-external-ip-address]
For example, if the internal address is 192.168.1.7 and the external address is 22.214.171.124, the settings should be set to:
<RTSPBindIpAddress>192.168.1.7</RTSPBindIpAddress> <RTSPConnectionIpAddress>126.96.36.199</RTSPConnectionIpAddress> <RTSPOriginIpAddress>188.8.131.52</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
If Wowza Streaming Engine is directly accessible on the Internet, then all three values should be set to the server's IP address, [wowza-internal-ip-address]:
<RTSPBindIpAddress>192.168.1.7</RTSPBindIpAddress> <RTSPConnectionIpAddress>192.168.1.7</RTSPConnectionIpAddress> <RTSPOriginIpAddress>192.168.1.7</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
To configure the settings, open the [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml file in a text editor and set the values in the <RTP> section of the file using the above guidelines. Then restart Wowza Streaming Engine to apply the changes.
- The values assigned to these settings vary depending on your network configuration.
- These settings can't be configured in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager. You must edit the Application.xml file.
- We provide a mobile test stream that you can use to test your configuration.
- Wowza Streaming Engine running on Amazon EC2 automatically sets these values based on the internal and external IP address of the instance.