Learn how to use a LiveU encoder as the video source for a Wowza Video™ live stream. LiveU offers a variety of H.264 video encoders for broadcasters and other professionals who need to stream from the field. Its LiveU Solo device connects to the Wowza Video™ service. Just choose LiveU as your video source, and Wowza Video generates a connection code that you can use to send streams from a LiveU Solo encoder to Wowza Video.
To learn about other live stream settings you might see in the user interface, see Live Stream Setup page in Wowza Video.
Note: Watch a video about how to connect Wowza Video with LiveU on the Wowza Media Systems YouTube page.
After you've added a live stream in Wowza Video, configure the LiveU Solo to connect to Wowza Video.
- In Wowza Video, select the live stream that uses the LiveU as its video source.
- On the Overview tab of the live stream detail page, make note of the six-digit Connection Code.
Note: Connection codes can be used once and expire after 24 hours. If you need a new code, click Regenerate Connection Code.
- In the LiveU Solo portal, select the solo unit you want to use and click Edit Solo Unit.
- For Output Type, select Wowza, and then click Next.
- In the Wowza Endpoint dialog box, click Add new Token.
- Enter the six-digit Connection Code from Wowza Video.
- Configure any other settings for your stream in the LiveU portal or encoder.