In Wowza Video you can replace the original source file of a video and properly encode the new version. This is useful in cases when, for example, there’s a problem with the original or you have a newer version of the content and don’t want to create a new video because you have existing links and embed codes in use for the video.
Replacing the original source file of a video retains the mediaid of the video so all embeds using the Wowza Video ids receive the replaced content without the need to re-embed.
To replace a video:
- Select a video in the Videos list.
- Click Manage Files on its Video Details page.
- Click Replace Original Video File.
- Select the replacement video.
- Click Replace Video in the Confirm Replace Video window. The video will start to upload.
- Once the upload is finished, the encoding of the video file will start. When that's finished, the video has been successfully replaced.
Note: The upload will continue in the background if you navigate to other views in the web app, but, if you refresh the page or navigate to a different website, the upload will stop and you’ll have to repeat the process.
Note: While the new video file is being encoded, users that try to watch the video may see a We’re processing this video message. Users who were watching the video when the encoding started will continue to watch the previous version of the video as long as their player instance is kept alive.