Wowza Video™ is our reliable and scalable cloud-based video platform that includes APIs for live, VOD, CMS, CDN, and player. Learn about features and parameters of the Wowza Video free trial, how to sign up and access it, and how to access interactive tutorials to get started.
About the trial
The free trial of Wowza Video provides a fully featured experience:
- 30 consecutive days of access to Wowza Video, including Asset Management and Analytics.
- Access to Wowza Video through the user interface and the REST API.
- HLS, WebRTC, and MPEG-DASH streaming.
Keep the following in mind while evaluating Wowza Video during the trial period:
- Transcoders and live streams can stream for a maximum of 20 minutes each.
- Start up to three transcoders or live streams at a time.
- 24x7 transcoders, passthrough transcoders, and Real-Time Streaming at Scale aren't available.
- Live streams and transcoders display a Wowza Video trial watermark during playback.
- At the end of the trial period, Wowza Video stops all active streams and disables sign-in.
Access the trial
It's simple for new or existing Wowza customers to try out Wowza Video.
If you don't already have a Wowza paid subscription or free trial, go to the Wowza trial page and follow the instructions to start your free Wowza Video trial subscription. It's as simple as providing an email address and no credit card is required. After validating your email address, you can start using your trial immediately.
If you have a Wowza paid subscription or free trial, and are an org owner, go to your My Account portal to start a free trial connected to your existing account. Once in your portal, under the Products tab, click Start free trial and complete the instructions. You can access:
- A Wowza Video free trial if you don't have an active, unexpired Wowza Video trial, Wowza Video paid subscription, or Wowza Streaming Cloud subscription.
- A Wowza Streaming Engine free trial if you don't have an active, unexpired Engine trial.
Log in any time
At any time, you can go to video.wowza.com to access your trial.
Ready to dive in? We have two options for getting started.
When you sign into the Wowza Video trial, an interactive tutorial option displays. Choose from the following:
- Create a live stream – See how quick it is to get a live stream to viewers by connecting a video source and streaming to a hosted page.
- Stream a file – Upload a video and stream it.
- Integrate the REST API – Get your API access token in the user interface, then see how quickly you get a live stream to viewers using our Postman live stream tutorial.
Tip: You can access these tutorials at any time and from any screen within the Wowza Video trial by clicking the Access trial tutorials button.
Video and technical articles
Learn how to stream with Wowza Video using these resources:
- Get started with Wowza Video using the user interface – Set up a live stream with the user interface, connect a video source, and start streaming to a hosted page.
- Get started with Wowza Video using the REST API – Set up a live stream programmatically with the REST API, connect a video source, and start streaming to a hosted page.
While you're working, check out the Help panel on the right side of every page in the Wowza Video user interface. If you need more information, these resources may help you get started: