This article describes how to properly restart your Wowza ClearCaster™ appliance. Use the following procedures to ensure that the appliance shuts down properly before it starts.
With Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account, and ensure that the toggle at the top points to Facebook mode.
Note: Restarting a ClearCaster in Facebook mode affects the appliance regardless of the mode used for operation.
- Click Settings next to the name of the ClearCaster appliance you want to restart.
- At the bottom of the Settings dialog, click Restart.
On your Wowza ClearCaster
- Use the LCD menu button controls to navigate to the Settings Menu.
- From the Settings Menu, select About ClearCaster > Restart.
- Select Yes, restart now.
- Restarting the ClearCaster will temporarily disconnect any broadcast that it's delivering to a destination.
- If you are using the ClearCaster in Facebook mode, and the pairing mode is set to unpair the appliance from its associated Facebook account whenever it's restarted, a new Device Pairing code will display in the LCD. Follow the instructions in Pair Wowza ClearCaster with Facebook to pair the appliance with a Facebook account.