This article introduces the different parts of the Real-Time Stream Setup page to help you find your way around the Wowza Video user interface.
The Real-Time Stream Setup page allows you to create a real-time stream.
- Real-Time Stream Name – A short, descriptive name for the real-time stream. The Real-Time Stream Name is required, doesn't have to be unique, and can't exceed 200 characters.
Note: If you save a real-time stream to Asset Management, Wowza Video uses the stream name for the recording and VOD file name. Because the stream name is used in the file name, we'll replace special characters to avoid file management issues in storage. Keep this in mind if you're looking for your asset or file on the Recordings, VOD Stream, and Manage Assets pages and you see some differences in what you entered vs what's displayed.
- Region - An option to set the regional server the stream is distributed through. Select the region closest to your broadcast location for the most reliable stream.
- Save to Asset Management — When you save to Asset Mangement, Wowza Video records the stream and creates an MP4 file of the stream that you can download and save locally. Recorded content stored in Wowza Video generates additional costs.
Recordings created from the Real-Time Streaming at Scale workflow capture up to twelve hours of content in a single MP4 file. If the recording is longer twelve hours, you'll have multiple files for the recording.
- Enable Secure Playback – An option to generate a secure token that must be passed by viewers for playback.
- Playback Token Expiration – The date and time the security token expires.