If your incoming streams frequently go temporarily offline, configure Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software to monitor incoming streams and reconnect when they become available again. You can do this for incoming native RTP, MPEG-TS, RTSP/RTP, and SHOUTcast/Icecast streams.
You can configure application properties in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager or by editing [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml. If you make changes to Application.xml, any supported settings are displayed in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager the next time it's started. Wowza Media Server™ software doesn't support Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, so you must edit Application.xml in a text editor if you're running Media Server software.
Monitor and reconnect incoming streams in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager
- Click the Applications tab at the top of the page.
- In the Applications contents panel, click the name of your live application (such as live).
- On the live application page Properties tab, click MediaCaster Stream Monitor in the Quick Links bar.
- Click Edit in the MediaCaster Stream Monitor properties area, select the Enabled check box next to streamTimeout, and then change the default value if desired. This property sets the time (in milliseconds) that Wowza Streaming Engine waits until trying to reconnect to a stream that goes offline.
- Click Save, and then restart the application when prompted to apply the changes.
Monitor and reconnect incoming streams in Application.xml
Use a text editor to open the [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml file for your live application and add the following property to the MediaCaster/Properties container. Be sure to add the properties to the correct <Properties> container in Application.xml as there are several in the file.
<Property> <Name>streamTimeout</Name> <Value>12000</Value> <Type>Integer</Type> </Property>
- Restart Wowza Streaming Engine.
In this example, Wowza Streaming Engine monitors incoming streams and reconnect to a stream if it's offline for more than 12 seconds.