Part Streaming Software, Part Superpower
On-Premises Streaming Server
Customizable and Flexible
Most Stable Solution On The Market
Powers Low Latency Streams
Video Streaming on Your Own Terms
Ingest Any Live Stream and Deliver to Any Device
- Ingest streams from any encoder.
- Create live, linear, or on-demand streaming applications.
- Stream live events, video conferencing, audio streaming, 24/7 streaming and more.
- Deliver video and audio streams to any player or device.
Learn more about supported devices »
Transcode for Optimal Viewer Experiences
- Refine your live streaming workflow.
- Deliver the highest quality streams.
Learn more about transcoding capabilities »
Stream All Media Types with Wowza Streaming Engine
Sign up for a 30-day trial. No obligations, no credit card required.
Built to Build On
- Leverage tools to automate workflows.
- Accelerate your development cycle with SDKs.
- Use Wowza APIs to deliver innovative streaming services.
Learn more about Wowza Streaming Engine APIs »
Multi-Level Content Security
- We use automated tools to scan our source code for vulnerabilities as well as code errors
- Wowza regularly performs third-party penetrations tests to identify vulnerabilities for resolution.
- We have a monthly security-focused day to keep security top of mind and prioritize continuous improvement.
Learn more about secure video streaming »
Optimized for Scalability
Extensive Flexible and Modular Architecture
- Deploy and modify your streaming server instances to suit your needs.
- Add stand-alone instances, clusters, and edge servers.
- Deploy on a private infrastructure, with your preferred cloud provider, or as a hybrid configuration to suit your current and future needs.
Learn more about Wowza Streaming Engine deployment options »
Management, Monitoring, and Integrations
- The streaming server’s monitoring tools, APIs, and SNMP integration enable proactive load and performance management.
- Integrated with industry-leading CDNs and streaming services.
- Works with Wowza CDN, Akamai, Facebook Live, YouTube Live and more.
Learn more about stream scaling »
Powerful Options for Low-latency Streaming
- Enable real-time communications directly from your browser.
- Combine it with Wowza Streaming Engine to transcode, restream, and enhance WebRTC’s capabilities in powerful ways.
Learn more about WebRTC Live Streaming.
Apple’s Low-Latency HLS
- Simplicity, scalability, and quality of HLS.
- Enhanced with lightning-fast video streaming.
Learn more about Apple Low-Latency HLS
SRT (Secure Reliable Transport)
- Receive high-quality, low-latency video contribution across the public internet.
- Deliver the best steam, even in the worst network conditions.
Learn more about SRT
Disk: 2 or more in RAID 0 (striping)
Network: 10Gbps Ethernet
Java (required): Wowza Streaming Engine is built on OpenJDK Java SE JRE 9.0.4 and supports Java versions 9-12.
iOS native player
Android (with HLS-compatible players)
Adobe® Flash (HDS/HLS-compatible players)
QuickTime® Player (10.0 or later for OS X)
Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE)
- Video Output
Video Output H.265 H.264 H.263 VP9 Adobe RTMP RTSP/RTP MPEG-TS Apple HLS Apple Low-Latency HLS MPEG-DASH Adobe HDS Microsoft Smooth Streaming WebRTC
- Audio Output
Audio Output AAC OPUS Vorbis G.711 MP3 Adobe RTMP RTSP/RTP MPEG-TS Apple HLS Apple Low-Latency HLS MPEG-DASH Adobe HDS Microsoft Smooth Streaming WebRTC ICY
- Video Input
Video Input H.265 H.264 H263 VP9 Adobe RTMP RTSP/RTP MPEG-TS Apple HLS WebRTC
- Audio Input
Audio Input AAC OPUS Vorbis G.711 MP3 Adobe RTMP RTSP/RTP MPEG-TS Apple HLS WebRTC ICY
- System Requirements
System Requirements Minimum recommended production hardware CPU: Single Quad Core, 3.00 GHz or better
Disk: 2 or more in RAID 0 (striping)
Network: 1Gbps Ethernet
Supported operating systems Windows®, Linux, Mac® Java (required) Wowza Streaming Engine is built on OpenJDK Java SE JRE 9.0.4 and supports Java versions 9-12.
Wowza Streaming Engine Pricing Plans
Choose a flexible pricing plan that meets your streaming needs.
Basic plans as low as $175 per month.
Need Help with Video Streaming?
Wowza offers tons of resources to help you get started and keep you streaming successfully. From premium support and professional services to free support resources, help is close at hand.
Wowza offers premium technical support, including online ticket submission, chat, live event support, and professional services.
Learn valuable tips from an extensive library of video tutorials to help you get started with the streaming server.
See all of the how-to articles and guides for Wowza Streaming Engine.
Access developer documentation and code samples that showcase how you can use the developer tools for common workflows.