More powerful new features in Wowza Streaming CloudOctober 6, 2015
We’re very excited to announce that the Wowza Streaming Cloud service launched several powerful new features today, including the following:
- Improved viewer statistics. You can now see an accurate number of viewers by country, including information on viewing location and duration for Adobe HDS and Apple HLS adaptive bitrate renditions of your streams. In addition, view details of stream processing time, network usage, egress, and peak recording storage for the account, for any time period.
- Integration with LiveU and XSplit encoders. Easily connect to LiveU and XSplit encoders by choosing LiveU or XSplit as your video source when you create a live stream, and then use the six-digit connection code with the partner encoder to send a stream from it to Wowza Streaming Cloud.
- 24×7 billing. A new 24×7 billing option allows customers to run their 24×7 streams for only $500 per stream per month.
- Passthrough streaming. Customers running surveillance or wildlife cameras that do not need transcoding can stream for $0.15 per hour or $60 per month. This solution is ideal for customers who need to pass their IP camera feed through to YouTube Live.
- Affordable CDN delivery with Wowza Streaming Cloud. Select Wowza Streaming Cloud as a stream target in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager to allow seamless CDN distribution for your live streams. The Stream Targets feature in Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3 has a new option that enables you to deliver transcoded live streaming output renditions as a group from Wowza Streaming Engine software to the Wowza Streaming Cloud service. This option gives you the ability to shift the transcoding workload from Wowza Streaming Cloud to Wowza Streaming Engine for media server configurations that have high available bandwidth and sufficient CPU resources. For more information, see How to send transcoded renditions to Wowza Streaming Cloud.