DMCA Copyright & Content Policies
Wowza Media Systems DMCA Copyright Policy
Wowza Media Systems, LLC (“Wowza”) has adopted this general policy related to copyright infringement, in accordance with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”, available at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address and contact information for the Wowza designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement is provided below.
If you believe that audiovisual content or other material residing on a Wowza website or accessible through a Wowza service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of the alleged infringement to the Wowza designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement:
Wowza Media Systems, LLC
523 Park Point Drive, Suite 300
Golden, Colorado 80401 USA
The DMCA specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following information (failure to meet each of the following requirements may prevent Wowza from investigating or resolving your complaint):
- • A physical or electronic signature of the copyright holder or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf;
- • A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- • A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Wowza to locate the material;
- • Information reasonably sufficient to permit Wowza to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- • A statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- • A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please keep in mind that only DMCA notices should be sent to the Wowza designated copyright agent; other comments, requests, and communications should be directed to Wowza customer service.
Wowza Media Systems Content Policy
Published June 30, 2015
Wowza Media Systems, LLC (“Wowza”) has adopted this general policy related to audiovisual content and other material residing on a Wowza website or accessible through a Wowza service. If you have concerns about audiovisual content or other material residing on a Wowza website or accessible through a Wowza service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wowza prohibits the use of any Wowza product or service to create, store, or disseminate audiovisual content:
- • That is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, vulgar, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive;
- • That encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is or could otherwise be harmful, inappropriate, or dangerous; or
- • That violates any law, regulation, treaty, or third party right (including, without limitation, trade secret, intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights)