News & Press
Wowza Unveils Works With Wowza Partner Program to Provide End-to-End Streaming Solutions
New Ecosystem Provides Scalable Streaming Options Across Varying Use Cases to Meet Streaming Video Demands
NAB Show 2014, Las Vegas and Evergreen, Colo.— April 8, 2014 — Wowza® Media Systems, LLC, the leading provider of Simply Powerful Streaming™ software, today announced the launch of its Works With Wowza™ partner program at the NAB Show in Las Vegas. The new partner ecosystem program further simplifies video streaming by providing customers with tested, integrated and supported end-to-end streaming components. Together with Wowza Streaming Engine™, Works With Wowza partners provide the industry-leading technologies needed for robust, flexible and scalable streaming to any device. Customers looking to create a streaming solution can receive end-to-end guidance, validation of specific components needed and additional integration, while helping partners accelerate growth and capitalize on new market prospects.
“Wowza has always been at the core of streaming solutions, and now we are making it easier than ever for customers to have control over their end-to-end system,” said David Stubenvoll, Wowza CEO and Co-Founder. “The Works With Wowza partner program brings together best-in-class technologies to provide an end-to-end solution that brings ease and compatibility to video streaming benefiting both partners and customers. We look forward to growing this program to address customers ever-changing streaming needs”
Through the Works With Wowza partner program, customers looking to create a streaming solution will receive end-to-end guidance, validation of specific components and additional product integration. Customers using Wowza Streaming Engine can use the Streaming Engine Manager, the new web-based admin panel for deploying, managing and monitoring live and video on demand (VOD) streaming to any device. This feature, coupled with Wowza’s partner program, creates a truly end-to-end ecosystem for companies of all sizes.
For partners, the program offers the opportunity for deeper product integration, partner and joint marketing and promotion. The Works With Wowza partner program will create an ecosystem where partners can more seamlessly provide industry-leading technology needed to deliver robust, flexible and scalable streaming to any device.
The inaugural set of Wowza partners include:
- NewTek™ TriCaster multi-camera live video production systems provide an integrated platform for multi-camera live capture, encoding and production to create dynamic, engaging, professional grade broadcasts.
- Telestream® Wirecast is a cross-platform all-inclusive live streaming production software that lets users capture, produce and encode live streams from any input device, with built-in production software to create dynamic, engaging broadcasts.
- Teradek is an innovator of wireless video devices and platforms that facilitate creative acquisition and live event broadcasting in full HD.
- JW Player™ powers online publishing, with clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. In addition to the player, services such as video hosting and streaming, advertising and analytics, help companies optimize their video workflows and monetize smartly.
- CloudSigma is a public cloud IaaS provider with advanced hybrid hosting solutions.
- Google Cloud Platform enables developers to build, test and deploy applications on Google’s highly scalable and reliable infrastructure. Cloud Platform offers computing, storage and application services for your web, mobile and backend solutions
- Rackspace® is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud.
“With TriCaster, our customers create broadcast quality productions which can be delivered anywhere in the world, and that’s where Wowza Media Systems comes in. As a leader in the streaming industry, TriCaster with Wowza gives our customers a seamless solution with their production and streaming experience,” said Michael Kornet, Executive Vice President of Business Development, NewTek. “This integration allows NewTek to simplify distribution of HD quality television shows for our customers, taking advantage of all the benefits of TriCaster and the power, control and reliability of the Wowza Streaming Engine.”
“JW Player and Wowza Media Systems have worked well together for a number of years,” said Jeroen Wijering, Founder and Chief Digital Architect, JW Player. “Being an inaugural partner in the Works With Wowza partner program solidifies our joint commitment to provide high-quality streaming to customers.”
“We’re honored to be an inaugural member of Wowza’s new partner program,” said Robert Jenkins, CEO, CloudSigma. “Now, Wowza customers looking to create video streaming services will be able to tap into our uniquely flexible public cloud, without any VM-sizing or deployment restrictions, offering seamlessly scalable resources that can be spun up instantaneously to match demand. As part of this partnership, we’re also excited to have Wowza join our Media Services Ecosystem, helping media industry professionals collaborate more efficiently and cost effectively across workflows by operating under one roof.”
To speak with Wowza Media Systems about Works With Wowza partner program, stop by the Wowza booth #SU9402 during the 2014 NAB Show, which runs from April 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. More information is also available at wowza.com/partners/works-with-wowza.
About Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems, LLC (www.wowza.com) helps organizations harness the power of streaming by reducing the complexities of audio and video delivery to any device anywhere. Organizations in more than 150 countries count on innovative and award-winning Wowza software to build, deploy, and manage customized streaming solutions that deliver high-quality and engaging live and on-demand experiences. Wowza is privately held, with offices in Evergreen, Colorado, Mountain View, California, and Berlin, Germany.
Wowza and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wowza Media Systems LLC. Third-party product names and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of such third parties.