Wowza Streaming Engine Features
Any Media to Any Device, Anywhere
Multi-Protocol, Multi-Client Delivery
Live Streaming from Any Encoder
Live Streaming from IP Cameras
Support for the Latest Standards
Transcoding means re-encoding one video/audio file format into another and converting one bitrate/resolution into another for compatibility across all devices and bandwidths. Transcoding with Wowza™ technology lets you refine your live encoding and streaming workflow:
- Use multiple bitrates to reach devices with lower processing power & bandwidth.
- Avoid up-front costs with unlimited transcoding and pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Convert between formats to deliver appropriate streams to each device.
Flexibility and Control
Live, Linear, and On-Demand Streaming
PTZ Camera Controls
Robust REST and Java APIs
Live and VOD Caption Conversion
Multiple Deployment Options
Choose from a variety of deployment options to find what's best for your organization. Retain control of video and audio content whether it's hosted on your dedicated on-premises servers, on cloud-managed instances, or in world-class third-party data centers.
Live Stream Recording and Archiving
Record a live stream to a file available for later on-demand playback. Record an entire live webcast into a single file, segment it into multiple files for chapter replay, or start and stop recording at predetermined points for partial archiving.
Engaging Viewer Experiences
Live Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
Pause, Replay, Fast-Forward, & More
High Performance and Scalability
Dynamic Content Retrieval
Live Stream Distribution
Dynamic Load Balancing
Multicast and Unicast Streaming
What's New in Version 4.3
Wowza Streaming Engine REST API 1.0
Affordable CDN Delivery with Wowza Streaming Cloud
HEVC/H.265 Video over Apple HLS (Preview)
Live-to-VOD Clip Extraction APIs
Multiple Levels of Content Security
Have confidence that your streams, networks, and audio and video assets are secure.
- AES-128, studio-approved DRM
- Link protection
- StreamLock™ SSL certification for RTMPS and HTTPS streams
- Authenticated connections
Studio-Approved Digital Rights Management
Meet studio security requirements with integrated third-party DRM key-management services.
- BuyDRM™ KeyOS™ for Microsoft PlayReady protection for MPEG-DASH (using Common Encryption), Apple HLS, and Smooth Streaming
- EZDRM for Microsoft PlayReady protection for Smooth Streaming
- Verimatrix for VCAS and Microsoft PlayReady protection for HLS and Smooth Streaming