Player-Side Ad Requests with Wowza Streaming Engine
October 21, 2015 by
There were many exciting things we showed at IBC this year. One specifically was Wowza Streaming Engine™ software and JW Player doing player-side ad insertion.
The workflow is as follows:
- When an ad break is desired in the live stream, a request is made to Wowza Streaming Engine to insert an ad.
- Wowza software inserts an ad-break marker that gets streamed to the player.
- The player detects the ad break, makes the Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) ad call, and plays the ad.
The technology will work with any player that has an API with support for the following:
- Detection of AMF or ID3 data events
- Ability to make a VAST ad call and play back the ad
We've just published an article on how to configure Wowza Streaming Engine and JW Player. Give it a try and integrate this into your live streaming solution!
How will you be using player-side ad insertion? Post in the comments below.