Wowza ClearCaster™ is a broadcast-quality encoding and delivery rack device, designed for professional publishers seeking an easy way to improve reliability for streaming to Facebook Live. Review the following installation and safety information before installing ClearCaster in your rack framework.
- Operating ambient temperature: If installed in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the rack environment's operating ambient temperature may be greater than the room ambient temperature. Therefore, consider installing the equipment in an environment that's compatible with a maximum ambient temperature (Tma) of 104°F / 40°C.
- Air flow: Install the equipment in the rack or cabinet so that the amount of airflow required for safe operation of the equipment isn't compromised.
- Mechanical loading: Mount the equipment in the rack or cabinet to avoid uneven mechanical loading, which may cause a hazardous condition.
- Circuit overloading: Avoid overloading the supply circuit when connecting the equipment. Refer to the equipment nameplate ratings to stay within overcurrent protection and supply wiring limits.
- Reliable earthing: Maintain a reliable ground of the rack-mounted equipment. Pay particular attention to power supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuit (for example, when using a power strip).
- Redundant power supplies: If redundant power supplies are provided with the equipment, connect each power supply to a separate circuit to optimize the equipment redundancy.
- Servicing: Before servicing the equipment, disconnect all power supplies.
- Caution: The coin-type battery on the main board and daughter card can be replaced by service personnel. An explosion can occur if the battery is replaced with an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the battery manufacturer's instructions.
Discuss this article in the Wowza ClearCaster forum.