SECURE RELIABLE TRANSPORT
HIGH-QUALITY, SECURE LOW-LATENCY VIDEO
Secure Reliable Transport
SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) brings the best-quality live video over even the most unpredictable networks. It accounts for packet loss, jitter and fluctuating bandwidth, maintaining the integrity and quality of your stream. Benefits include:
- Pristine Quality: Provides professional, high-grade video across any network.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replaces expensive satellite networks or rigid MPLS networks with the more affordable and flexible internet.
- Operational Flexibility: Allows you to deliver two-way, interactive video from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Low Latency: Enables real-time IP communications as fast as UDP with the reliability of TCP/IP.
- Media-Agnostic: SRT is merely a wrapper around your content—be it MPEG-2, H.264 or even HEVC.
- Secure: Industry-standard encryption for security over the Internet.
Ingest via SRT Into Wowza Streaming Engine
Applications of SRT for Wowza Streaming Engine
SRT has many applications within Wowza Streaming EngineTM software.
- Provides secure, reliable transport to the origin server if you have:
- Poor network conditions.
- A need to replace expensive bandwidth (satellite or dedicated network).
- The desire to increase the quality of your video—without increasing bandwidth.
- Assists in building engaging, two-way video-streaming applications.
- Reliably syndicates your stream from any SRT-enabled encoder.
- Replaces proprietary Transport Protocol platforms.
Open-Sourced for Greater Adoption and Standardization
To accelerate innovation through collaborative development, SRT is available as an open-source protocol to deliver high-quality, low-latency video across the public internet. SRT source code is managed and supported by the SRT Alliance, of which Wowza Media Systems is a co-founding member. The SRT Alliance seeks to promote the adoption of SRT as an industry standard.