Announcement: General Availability for Wowza Streaming Cloud API Version 1.3January 31, 2019
Wowza is pleased to announce the general availability of the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service REST API version 1.3. We designed the latest version to give developers superior control in their live streaming workflows. Take advantage of the numerous performance enhancements in our most comprehensive and secure API to date. Migrate to version 1.3 today.
This announcement is also intended to notify you about the deprecation of our previous Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API versions 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0. Previous versions will continue to be accessible according to the below schedule, but will not be supported for enhancements or bug fixes.
Users should migrate to version 1.3 as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and functions of the Wowza Streaming Cloud API and ensure uninterrupted programmatic access to the Wowza Streaming Cloud platform.
|API Version||Beta||Current||Supported||Deprecated (target date)||Sunset (target date)|
|1.0||—||April 13, 2015||March 19, 2018||July 30, 2019||Dec. 10, 2019|
|1.1||Feb. 7, 2018||March 19, 2018||June 19, 2018||July 30, 2019||Dec. 10, 2019|
|1.2||March 19, 2018||June 19, 2018||Jan. 29, 2019||July 30, 2019||Dec. 10, 2019|
|1.3||June 19, 2018||Jan. 29, 2019||to be determined||to be determined||to be determined|
|1.4||Jan. 29, 2019||to be determined||to be determined||to be determined||to be determined|
- Beta: The Beta version of the API contains everything that’s in the current versions, as well as some features and functionality that are still in development. These work-in-progress features aren’t fully tested and are subject to change.
- Current: The current version of the API offers the most complete, up-to-date, tested, and stable code base.
- Supported: This version of the API will not include any feature enhancements or minor bug fixes, but may include critical bug fixes. This version will remain available through the sunset date to allow migration time.
- Deprecated: This version of the API will not include any feature enhancements or bug fixes, but will remain available through the sunset date to allow migration time.
- Sunset: After this date, Wowza guarantees no further access to this version of the API. Users must be on the current version of the API by this date to ensure uninterrupted access.
Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API Overview and Examples
Deprecation Policies Doc