News & Press
SRT Alliance Announces 22 New Members Including Harmonic, Brightcove, Limelight, and Perform Group
SRT Alliance members will help develop and adopt the SRT open source video transport protocol for high quality, low latency video transport over the internetMONTREAL– JULY 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Harmonic, Brightcove, Limelight and Perform Group. Announced at the 2017 NAB Show, the SRT Alliance was founded by Haivision and Wowza with a goal of expanding the streaming media ecosystem and supporting the collaborative development of SRT, an open source video transport protocol that enables the delivery of high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. The SRT Alliance promotes the industry-wide recognition and adoption of SRT as the de facto standard for low latency internet streaming. “SRT is the low-latency glue that bonds the video streaming ecosystem closer together. The rapid adoption of open source SRT by these companies is going to improve the way we all stream, bringing higher quality experiences to our viewers,” said Sylvio Jelovcich, Vice President of Global Alliances, Haivision. “We look forward to collaborating with these companies to accelerate innovation in SRT, expand the SRT ecosystem, and change the way the world streams video.” The 22 new members represent a broad range of use cases, vertical segments, and geographies, illustrating the intrinsic value of the SRT transport protocol in delivering highly reliable, low latency point-to-point video links over the internet for companies globally. The newest members of the SRT Alliance include:
- Brightcove: The leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions in delivering and monetizing video across connected devices.
- Cabletime: Designs, develops and manufactures the MediaStar range of IPTV encoders, gateways, media players and management software for enterprise environments.
- Churchill Navigation: Mission centric tools for augmented reality overlays of geospatial data over video.
- Cires21: Providing live streaming solutions for any professional ecosystem, from major broadcasters and main event programmers to major content suppliers and pay TV channels at a global level.
- Globelynx: Used by news channels around the world to facilitate reliable, live, expert interviews.
- Harmonic: A leading provider of cloud and software-based OTT solutions that support the entire media processing chain, optimizing delivery of high quality, next-generation services.
- KEP Technology: Consulting services to the broadcast, media, and corporate organizations to assist with both live TV and communications.
- Kizil Electronics: Developer of PikoTV Advanced Modular Broadcasting solutions family for live broadcast & CDN delivery of SD, HD and Ultra HD contents.
- Lightstream: The livestream production studio in the cloud provides the easiest way to stream your games or anything else you love.
- Limelight: The premier CDN that delivers faster website, more responsive applications, the highest quality video, and consistent game and software downloads to any device.
- Perfecta: A leading provider of Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cybersecurity (ISR-C) solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients.
- Perform Group: A leading digital sports content and media group.
- QTCT: The leading live transmission service company in China specializing in medical and scientific video production.
- Radiant Communications: Designs and manufactures communication systems and products for campus, broadcast and CATV markets.
- Rebotnix Technologies: Creators of professional hardware and software video solutions.
- SKIPA Digital Media: SKIPA Digital Media provides a leading edge, end-to-end, global media platform for live corporate webcasting, IPTV cloud streaming and enterprise integration services.
- Softvelum: A leading provider of media streaming software tools, including Nimble Streamer and Nimble Transcoder.
- StreamShark: End-to-end solution provider of a highly scalable and reliable live and on-demand video platform for enterprises, organizations and video agencies.
- Tulix Systems: Tulix provides end-to-end OTT/IPTV solutions for live, simulated live, on-demand, and time-shifted video to any screen via the customer’s CDN or the TulixCDN, which is optimized for live streaming performance.
- T-21: Streaming media solutions provider with devices that support decoding, transcoding, encoding, recording and translation of streaming media over private and public networks.
- Virtuvent: Video platform and applications for events and publishers. Video encoding and production managed services for the enterprise.