With Wowza ClearCaster™ Pro, you can broadcast in universal mode using an integrated workflow between a Wowza ClearCaster and the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service. This integration simplifies broadcast configuration and management, enabling you to start and stop a stream from one user interface. Learn how to use Wowza ClearCaster as a video source for a live stream or transcoder in Wowza Streaming Cloud.
Set up the integration
To set up an integrated connection between Wowza ClearCaster and Wowza Streaming Cloud, you'll add a Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API access key and API key to the Wowza ClearCaster Manager.
Get an API key and access key for the Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API
Both the API key and the access key can be found in the Wowza Streaming Cloud user interface.
- In the menu bar, click your user name and choose API Access.
Your API key appears in the middle of the Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API page.
Access keys are listed in the Access Keys panel on the left side of the page.
- To generate a new access key, click Add Access Key.
- Leave Enabled selected so that the key is immediately available, and provide an optional Description. Then, click Add.
Wowza Streaming Cloud generates the key.
You can disable and re-enable the access key at any time, and edit the description.
Add your API key and access key in Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click Manage in the menu bar, and then click the Integrations tab.
- Click Add a Wowza Streaming Cloud API Key.
- Enter a descriptive Name for the key, and copy and paste the Access Key and API Key from your Wowza Streaming Cloud account.
- Click Add a Wowza Streaming Cloud API Key to save the keys in Wowza ClearCaster Manager.
Create a live stream or transcoder in Wowza Streaming Cloud
If you don't already have a live stream or transcoder set up in Wowza Streaming Cloud, you'll need to add one with the appropriate configuration.
- Go to the Wowza Streaming Cloud user interface.
- Add a live stream or a transcoder with output renditions and stream targets, making sure to do the following:
- For a live stream, select Wowza ClearCaster as the video source.
- For a transcoder, set the source protocol to RTMP and set the source delivery method to Push to Wowza Streaming Cloud.
Create a broadcast in Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- In Wowza ClearCaster Manager, click on Broadcasts in the menu bar, and then click Create Broadcast.
- Set up a broadcast for your ClearCaster appliance.
- Specify a Broadcast Name and a ClearCaster appliance.
- For Destination, select Wowza Streaming Cloud.
- For Encoding Template, select a template appropriate for your stream type.
- For Wowza Streaming Cloud Live Stream, select the stream that you created in Wowza Streaming Cloud.
- Configure other settings according to your needs, and click Create Broadcast.
To publish a broadcast, find it in the list of broadcasts on the Broadcast page and click Go Live.
When the broadcast goes live from the ClearCaster appliance, the stream in Wowza Streaming Cloud starts automatically.
Stop your ClearCaster broadcast to Wowza Streaming Cloud
To end a live broadcast, find it in the list of broadcasts on the Broadcast page and click Stop Broadcast.
The broadcast stops publishing to Wowza Streaming Cloud and the stream in Wowza Streaming Cloud stops automatically. The broadcast remains visible on the Broadcast page for future use.