The OPlayer Lite iOS app can be used to play an RTSP stream from Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software. This article shows how to configure the OPlayer Lite app to play a live or VOD stream. It does not include all the possible configuration settings or other capabilities of the OPlayer Lite application.
This tool requires:
- An iOS device
- OPlayer Lite installed on the iOS device
- Set up an application for streaming by following the instructions in one of these articles:
- Set up video-on-demand streaming in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Set up live streaming using an RTSP/RTP-based encoder in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Publish and play a live stream (MPEG-TS based encoder) in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Set up live streaming using a native RTP encoder with SDP file in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming) in Wowza Streaming Engine
- Launch the OPlayer Lite app on the iOS device.
- Select Open URL from File Servers page. You can get to the File Servers page anytime via the File icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- On the Open URL screen, for a live stream enter the URL:
For VOD, enter: