Learn how to use the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service to record a live stream while simultaneously allowing viewers to play or pause the live stream, rewind it to a previously recorded point, or resume viewing at the current live point.
Note: Support for this feature will vary depending on the player. It will not work with Wowza Player. For best results, we recommend testing in the player of your choice before your live event is scheduled to begin.
Add a live stream
- Click the Live Streams menu, and then click Add Live Stream.
- On the Live Stream Setup page, enter a Live Stream Name, choose a Broadcast Location, and then click Next.
- On the Video Source and Transcoder Settings page, select the camera or encoder you want to use to connect to Wowza Streaming Cloud.
- To create a recording of the stream, select Yes, record this live stream.
- Specify the other video source settings, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps to finish adding the live stream. For more information, see Create and manage live streams in Wowza Streaming Cloud.
Enable the Playlist Seconds property
Next, enable the Playlist Seconds property on the stream target associated with the live stream you just created. The Playlist Seconds property determines how far back viewers are able to rewind the stream.
- Click Advanced on the menu bar, and then click Stream Targets.
- Select a target on the Stream Targets page.
Note: Stream targets that were created through the live stream workflow appear as [Live stream name] / Stream Target.
- Click the Properties tab and then click Edit.
- Select Enabled for the Playlist seconds property.
- Specify any number of seconds between 6 and 28800 (8 hours). The default is 100.
- Click Save.