This article provides high-level instructions on how to stream from a Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server to an Amino set-top box. These instructions were tested using Amino A130 and A125 set-top boxes and should work with most Amino models. You should start with a basic configuration and build on your success.
- Install the Amino STBremoteconf tool. (See Amino documentation for details.)
This tool enables an easy way to send remote commands to the Amino set-top box. Verified that the tool was installed properly by using the GETVERSION command to get the current set-top box version.
- Using your favorite encoder, send an H.264/AAC stream to Wowza Streamign Engine. For this example, we'll assume that the stream name is myStream and the RTSP URL to reach the stream is:
See Set up live streaming using an RTSP/RTP-based encoder in Wowza Streaming Engine for detailed instructions. To be sure that you have all of the correct TCP and UDP ports open, you may want to use the VideoLAN VLC player to test RTSP/RTP output before you try to stream to the Amino set-top box.
<Property> <Name>mpegtsFlushEveryPacket</Name> <Value>true</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property> <Property> <Name>mpegtsAlwaysSendZeroPacketLen</Name> <Value>true</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property>
Stream using RTSP/RTP
Use the STBremoteconf tool to send the CHANGEPAGE command to the set-top box and set the page URL to:
You can try the following test URL:
Stream using MPEG-TS direct
- Send a stream to the Amino using an MPEG-TS Stream Target. See Use MPEG-TS to distribute live streams from Wowza Streaming Engine.
- For multicast, configure the stream with the following settings:
- profile: mpegts
- streamName: myStream
- host: 220.127.116.11
- port: 11111
- rtpWrap: false
- To play the stream, use the STBremoteconf tool to send the CHANGEPAGE command and set the page URL to:
This will also work for unicast. Set the host setting to the Amino set-top box IP address ([amino-ip-address]) and use the CHANGEPAGE URL:
- When behind NAT (network address translation), RTP NAT traversal doesn't work. Configure your router to send all UDP ports to the Amino set-top box IP address.
- The Amino A12x models have a very small playback buffer, which can make it difficult to maintain a glitch-free stream.