Wowza™ Media Systems provides Wowza ClearCaster™ software updates that have new features and functionality as well as bug fixes. This article provides details about the latest software updates and describes known issues with the software.
The latest build is Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.7 build 15 (188.8.131.52) released on March 19, 2019.
Note: See Update Wowza ClearCaster Software to learn how to update your ClearCaster device to the latest software version.
New features and functionality
Wowza ClearCaster 184.108.40.206 includes several enhancements and bug fixes.
DNS path optimization
Wowza ClearCaster 220.127.116.11 adds support for optimizing the network path used to send the stream from the ClearCaster to Facebook. Path optimization should increase network and stream reliability, improving the viewer experience. This is enabled by default but can be configured from the ClearCaster Settings dialog.
Latest encoder software build
The latest version is Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.7 build 15 (18.104.22.168) released on March 19, 2019.
Changes (since 22.214.171.124)
- Removed monetization_status from Facebook metrics query because we don't have app permissions to ask for this data.
- Updated the video adjustment of encoding to use QuickSync on ClearCaster hardware build 1.0.5 and earlier if the frame size is greater than 1280 x 720.
- Fixed some issues that prevented the node script from running properly on ClearCasters.
- Reduced the total number of reference frames to 1 and B-frames to 1 when using the X.264 or QuickSync encoders at 1080p60 to improve performance.
- Made minor adjustments to the internal minimum bitrates.
- Added support for GPT-formatted USB drives, which should improve the performance of USB drives formatted on OS X devices.
- Added new fields to the incremental log data so that we can calculate (in milliseconds) for audio.
- Added network path optimization for broadcasting to Facebook.
- Updated the Vidpresso URL to point to the new Facebook-based URL.
Latest updates to ClearCaster Manager
The latest version was released on March 7, 2019.
- Improved custom monitoring view to include units for bitrates and ping time.
- Improved monitoring so that if the ping time isn't available, the Manager displayed N/A.
- Fixed a problem with monitoring.
- Fixed an issue with custom monitoring views that dropped frames and caused problems with the way other fields are displayed.
- Improved ability to identify which redundant encoder is active.
- Added support for a new URL structure.
- Added an indicator for the encoder path optimization.
- Added animated ellipses to the indicator for path optimization.
- Added a setting to enable Facebook path optimization.
- Fixed an issue with some settings updating to incorrect values sometimes.