Wowza™ Media Systems provides Wowza ClearCaster™ software updates that have new features and functionality as well as bug fixes. This article provides details about the latest software updates and describes known issues with the software.
The latest build is Wowza ClearCaster 2.0.0 build 07 (2.0.0.07) released on May 21, 2019. This build is available as a software upgrade for all compatible Wowza ClearCaster appliances.
Note: See Update Wowza ClearCaster Software to learn how to update your ClearCaster device to the latest software version.
New features and functionality
Wowza ClearCaster 2.0.0.07 includes several enhancements and bug fixes.
Broadcasting to any RTMP destination with universal mode
Wowza ClearCaster version 2.0.0.07 introduces the ability to broadcast to a wide variety of destinations including Wowza Streaming Cloud service; Wowza Streaming Engine instances; video-sharing websites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter; and other RTMP-based destinations. Pre-tuned encoding templates are provided for each destination option to help provide the best streaming experience possible. For more information, see Create and manage Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in universal mode.
Note: Upgrading your appliance to version 2.0.0.07 or later is only available for ClearCaster appliances on hardware build 06 or higher. If you're not sure of your hardware build number, check the underside of the appliance.
Latest encoder software build
The latest version is Wowza ClearCaster 2.0.0 build 07 (2.0.0.07) released on May 21, 2019.
Changes (since 18.104.22.168)
- Fixed an audio-synchronization issue by limiting QuickSync reference frames to 1.
- Reworked the QuickSync H.264 encoder so that it properly switches bitrates to drain the encoder before switching.
- Added support for broadcasting to RTMP-based desintations in addition to Facebook Live.
- Improved the talent view help text for pairing and streaming to Facebook Live.
- Increased the heap size to avoid running out of memory.
- Updated the LCD screens to support universal mode broadcasts.
- Fixed a problem with the x264 encoder that prevented some tuning parameters from being available.
- Removed the printIn when unpairing an encoder from Wowza.
- Reconfigured the systemd service script to restart on Java OutOfMemory.
- Separated recording folders for recordings.
- Improved the logging of bitrate switching.
- Fixed a problem with bitrate throttling where we were improperly capping down the increment, which could lead to significant drops in bitrate.
- Added a new bitrate measurement to see if the bitrate of the last full GOP is a more consistent bitrate measurement.
- Added tracking of frame counts for video, video keys, and audio.
- Fixed an issue with pairing ClearCaster devices to Wowza.
- Improved the startup process to avoid a connected HDMI monitor from going into power saving mode.
- Added unique IDs to broadcastSession.
- Fixed an issue with an HDMI-connected monitor display by turning off DPMS for xdummy.
Latest updates to ClearCaster Manager
The following changes to Wowza ClearCaster Manager were released on or after May 21, 2019.
- Fixed high-motion and Facebook path optimization settings so that they return the results faster.
- Added support for the user interface to use GraphQL queries.
- Updated the optimize Facebook path help text.
- Added universal mode to the user interface.
- Updated engineering view on the HDMI-connected monitor to support universal mode.
- Updated to use Wowza JWT for authentication.
- Added predefined encoding templates for universal mode.
- Added more encoding templates.
- Added a toggle in the ClearCaster Manager header to switch between Facebook mode and universal mode.
- Added a check to determine the encoder software version to properly enable or disable switching to universal mode.
- Improved the encoding template settings.
- Improved the design and usability of the universal mode user interface.