Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.0.6 build 12199 released on August 11, 2014.
Detailed list of changes in Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.6
- Fixed problem where applications were not listed in the "Applications" tab in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.
- Fixed problem where WebVTT captions did not appear on edges for HLS
- Added support for VOD captions specified in textstream tags to reside in sub-directories
- Enhanced DVR UTC Playlist delegate to have better debug diagnostics explaining the conversion from local timezone to UTC time
- Fixed WebVTT captions to correctly map WebVTT timecodes to ts timecodes when the ts timecodes have rolled over
- Suppressed creation of HLS WebVTT subtitle lists in edge application if WebVTT is turned off on the origin
- Fixed catching and logging of transcoder loadLibrary UnsatisfiedLinkError
- Added "Wowza GoCoder*" to default list of encoders in core security
- Added string MediaCaster/Properties property rtspUserHeaders to enable custom RTSP headers for MediaCaster RTSP connections (format is "key1:value1|key2:value2"). The same property is valid .stream file JSON data as well
- Added MediaCacheSource/Properties property (in conf/MediaCache.xml) userHTTPHeaders to enable custom HTTP headers to be added to MediaCache requests to the origin on a per-source basis (format is "key1:value1|key2:value2")
- Added HTTPStreamer/Properties string property cupertinoClosedCaptionValue to set the default CLOSED-CAPTIONS value for Apple HLS (cupertino) streaming (the value is unset/null by default, most common value is NONE to remove closed caption control from Apple media player)
- Changed license server requests to use domain names rather than IP addresses (should work better with proxy servers)
- Added transcoder logging of decoder deinterlace value when using MainConcept default MP2, MP4 and H.264 decoder